Monday, July 2, 2012

New App in the werks (<-- see what I did there?)

Been a bit, so I thought I would update (for all 2 of you out there that probably check often). I am set to release a free version of my app My Animal Age. It's become apparent that not too many people want to pay for a silly little app that plays sounds and lets you determine your age as an animal. This, despite seeing an app in the marketplace that does less than this but with twice as many animals and has been persistantly in the top 5. Need to understand the magic in that.

So I figure a free version will give a little more notice and a little more visibility overall. It will be ad'd at the bottom and have full functionality.

There will also be some back-end improvements to allow me to track usage so that I will understand which animals are used the most, how often it's used in used in general and so on and so forth. Think I'll add an opt-in messagebox.

That said, I am also working on a new app on the side. It utilizes the XNA framework, for now, to be a little gamelike. Keeping the theme of kid friendly and educational, this will fit right in.

Don't want to spoil anything yet, so stay tuned. But since I have never done anything revolving around collision detection and such, this will be a big step and change for me, who is currently used to more mark-up and binding with background code with static UI.

I'm looking forward to this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment