Thursday, April 26, 2012

It was decided, some time ago, that the app "My Animal Age" was a rather short-lived app. As in, little time will be spent actually using the app on a per session basis. Thus, in order to generate revenue, it would be nearly impossible to do a free-with-ads realistically.

Thus I removed the ad space at the bottom and will replace it with what I originally wanted to add to this app: animals facts!

So last night, I removed that ad space, integrated the new iconography for tiles and added trial logic to support a trial version. Once I get the logic in place to remind the user that they should buy it if they want access to more than 2 animals and a reminder for ratings, I will add in the facts area to populate once the age calculator is clicked.

It is some serious feature creep. That is for sure. And I do need to get this app out ASAP.

Hmm...maybe I'll wait on the animal facts until a post-release patch.

1 comment:

  1. I think adding in facts post patch as an update would be fine. I see alot of apps add features/refine via patches.

    ReplyDelete