Monday, October 8, 2012

Soooooo...what is wrong with My Animal Age?

I was thinking about the performance of my only app on Windows Phone 7 and why it doesn't seem to have gained any traction whatsoever. It is sitting just under 180 downloads (including trials) with 15 users actually purchasing it.

Couple that with some analytics that I put in, I see some users have used the Dog and Mouse over 50+ times on the same device. The majority are down around 1-2, and that is fine. But there are a large amount that have 10-20+ uses of the trial animals. And only 15 purchases?

What is wrong with it?

I can only speculate until the end of time. On top of a couple of 5 star reviews, it's received one 3 star review that simply said, "Too few" and another I just found from Brazil, translated from...Portugeuse(?) that...well, translated says "A drug is not worth" but I'm thinking that means it's not worth the $.99.

WHY?

I get "Too few" and it's something I would rectify if I knew it was worth the time and effort. But without any additional reviews or more in depth feedback, I'm not sure if its simply worth it.

If you've used my app and enjoyed it or hated it, why not review it with maybe more that 3-5 words? How about hitting the email link in the app and sending me something more substantial? I would love to make this fun for kids and maybe even adults...but I need to know HOW it can be better.

Images of the app are in the link here. Is it not pretty enough? Does it not jump and dance around like the others? How about the top animal noises app that has about 3X as many animals but does nothing else?

I get the feeling I'll never know. But if you do, I would appreciate being told!

No comments:

Post a Comment