Saturday, October 27, 2012

To Tweet or not to Tweet

On October 29th, 2012, in sunny San Francisco, Microsoft will be holding an event for the latest Windows Phone version, Windows Phone 8

I was lucky enough to win a ticket from a contest that Ben Rudolph (of Smoked By Windows Phone fame) and other Microsofties held to allow some Windows Phone fans a seat at the event. I am really, truly excited about this.

So here is my question, provided I get told not to divulge anything I see at the event, would my twitter followers like to see me live tweet from the event? And not just speaking of items that will be replicated across the techno-journalism sphere, but from a fans perspective? Maybe include a hashtag like #wp8fan

I love Windows Phone 7. I think the whole new UI interface (Modern? Microsoft Design Style? or the old Metro?) is a bold risk that I happen to enjoy over others. It's certainly not without its faults, but the few of those are almost entirely in the app ecosystem which is slowly but surely being whittled away as more appear. So what they are doing with Windows Phone 8 is taking that a step further and going all out on this design choice that could be a part of the make-or-break future of Microsoft.

Let me know if people will enjoy this live tweet from a fans perspective. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment